Flow Car Insurance FAQs

Can I insure a car that was previously damaged?

Yes, with Flow Annual car insurance, you can cover a car that's previously been written off as either a Category S (Cat S) or a Category N (Cat N), provided it's roadworthy and has an MOT, if applicable.

So, what’s the difference between Cat S and Cat N?

Cat S means the car has sustained damage to any part of the structural frame or chassis which requires realignment to its original dimensions or replacement of these parts.  A minor, localised repair on a panel that's been identified as structural, wouldn't necessarily be considered realignment of a structural panel.

Cat N means the car hasn’t sustained damage to the structural frame and doesn’t need its chassis replaced or realigned to original dimensions. There may still be some safety critical items that need replacing, such as steering and suspension parts.