Flow Car Insurance FAQs

What is third-party, fire and theft insurance?

Third party, fire and theft is one type of car insurance you can potentially buy, depending on the insurer. You’d have the following cover:

If your car and/or its accessories (even in your garage) are lost or damaged by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft, we’ll either:

  • pay for it to be repaired; or
  • replace what’s lost or damaged; or
  • pay the market value of your car if it’s a total loss (we’d agree this with you first and your car would become our property).

 With Flow this is something that we are unable to offer, we only offer fully comprehensive insurance.


Fully comprehensive car insurance is a more common option, this usually protects you from the full costs of:

  • Accidental damage to a car – yours or someone else’s
  • Personal injury or injury to other people involved in a car accident
  • Damage caused to other people’s property in an accident
  • Replacing or repairing personal belongings that are damaged or stolen
  • Windscreen repair

You can find out more about fully comprehensive car insurance  and what it all means in our magazine article.