The most important thing to do is to make sure you're safe. If nobody's been hurt, follow these steps:
- If another person or vehicle was involved, exchange details including names and addresses, phone numbers, registration numbers, makes and models. If someone's injured, you should call the emergency services immediately.
- Avoid discussing who was to blame, even if you think it's obvious.
- It may help us settle the claim sooner if you can provide photographs taken at the scene or details of any CCTV cameras covering the area.
- Note down the names and addresses of any witnesses and details of the police - if applicable
- Lastly, when it's safe to do so, give us a call on 0800 030 4897 and our claims teams will take it from there. If you're not the policyholder, you can report the claim, but we'll need to talk to them about it afterwards.
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls will be recorded. For TextPhone dial 18001.