Making a claim with Flow? Here’s how you do it…
With the award-winning team at LV= behind us, no wonder our claims process feels like a smooth ride
It’s quick and easy, just follow these four simple steps
Call our claims team when it’s safe to do so
If you've been involved in a car incident, the most important thing is that you're okay. So, make sure you're safe before getting in touch - your claim doesn't have to be reported immediately if you don’t feel safe or comfortable.
If another person or vehicle was involved
- Exchange details including names and addresses, phone numbers, number plates, car makes and model
- If someone's injured, call the emergency services immediately
- Avoid discussing who was to blame, even if you think it's obvious
You can help us look after your claim quickly by giving as much detail as possible. As well as the info above, here’s what else is useful:
- Date, time, location
- What led to the incident
- Name and contact details of any witnesses and/or police
- Injuries caused to anyone involved
When to call the police
- If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, flees the scene or refuses to provide their details
- If you think they caused the damage on purpose or may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Photos or videos of either car
- Dashcam footage or photos taken at the scene showing any vehicle damage
- Following our call, we’ll let you know how to upload any photos or videos
- Maybe you got details of CCTV cameras covering the area
When you’re ready, call our friendly team. We’ll check what you’re claiming for is covered and let you know if you’ll need to pay an excess.
When you’re ready to make a claim on your Flow car insurance, we’ll be there for you 24/7.
Calls are recorded. For Text Phone, first dial 18001.
Step 2 - Over to us
The next bit depends on your level of cover and the extent of the damage to your car. If it’s not too banged up and can be repaired, that’s what we’ll do. But remember, if you decide not to use our recommended repairer service you’ll have to pay an additional £200 excess and we won't be able to include warranty on the repairs.
Hire Car and Repairs
- Guaranteed hire car included with Flow Annual or £2pm with Flow Monthly
While yours is off the road, you're guaranteed a small hatchback hire car while yours is fixed by one of our recommended repairers, or has been stolen or written off.
Using our recommended repairers lets us look after the whole process, from damage estimates to getting your car back to you when we’ve worked our magic. It also means a lifetime guarantee on repairs while you own the car (labour only, excludes parts).
- Write off
If your car’s damaged so badly it can’t be repaired, or repairs will cost more than the car’s worth, there’s a good chance it’ll have to be written off. If it can’t be driven, we’ll have it picked up. New Car Replacement is included with Flow Annual, which means we look to replace your car with a new one if it’s involved in a claim and written off, providing your car’s less than a year old and you or your partner are the first and only registered keeper.
Step 4 - Claim closed
We’re with you every step of the way and once everything’s complete and any payments have been made, we can close your claim.
- Once closed, if you need to ask us something relating to your claim, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you
The only time we use the phones is if you need to make a claim. Our friendly UK-based advisors will be there for you.
Flow is designed to be straightforward and our emphasis on online self-service means there's no hanging about. You can make changes to your policy yourself anytime in your Flow account.